Thursday, June 26, 2008

Food for Thought

Going try to keep this shorter today. Just thought I would throw a few quotes out there that I found incredibly intriguing...

--"Here is one man less wise than I. In all probability neither of us knows anything worth knowing; but he thinks he knows when he doesn't, whereas I, given that I don't in fact know, am at least aware I don't know." - Socrates

--"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians." - Mahatma Ghandi

--"I am my own church." - Thomas Paine

--"Is something good because the gods say it is, or do the gods say it is good because it is?" - Socrates (I like his so much, here's another one)

--"Whatever lacks intelligence cannot move towards an end, unless it be directed by some being endowed with knowledge and intelligence; as the arrow is shot to its mark by the archer." - Thomas Aquinas

--"An objective uncertainty, held fast through appropriation with the most passionate inwardness, is the truth." - Soren Kierkegaard

--"I call an animal, a species, or an individual corrupt when it loses its instincts, when it chooses, when it prefers, what is disadvantageous for it." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Enojy...

No comments: