Monday, June 16, 2008

BLOGS ARE DUMB

I always thought blogs were dumb. Probably because the first one I ever read consisted of "OMG he so totally wants me," "Do you think my butt looks big in that outfit I wore today?" or other meaningless crap. It seemed like the author was just bored at work and wasting their day away.

Now, five years later, I am finnding there is another more meaningful side to blogging and I am giving them another chance.

After reading some friends and family's blogs, I can see the allure. What an outlet for creativity, fleeting thoughts, random humor, and a release from the grind of daily life. While I love my job, it leaves me little room to express creativity and I rarely have a chance for a deep thought. Such an opportunity to get these thoughts out while they are fresh is an exciting prospect.

So we'll see where this goes...

2 comments:

Ally said...

haha ur funny... and i can't believe you actually made a blog. i didnt know if you would get past the 'DUMB!' thing... =)

Heather Olds said...

whoa! u got on the 'blog train'..toot toot! i know, it took me forever to start blogging cuz there's something weird and scary about people reading my thoughts.. almost like mind reading! i see that ur digging a hole..does this involve any lemonade?..just wondering..