Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This is Me Being Blunt...

I will always search for truth. Even when I think I've found it, I will continue to search and challenge my truth. This is something that too many Christians don't do. I firmly believe that if Christianity is true, God would want us to continue to search for deeper meaning and challenge our own faith even if we were already walking with Him.

There are two possible outcomes that can result from continuing to search and challenge. Both are good outcomes. One, we will build and strengthen the foundations of our faith and continue to learn and grow our relationships with our higher power. Second, we may find evidence to suggest that what we held to be truth may, in fact, be incorrect and thereby find the correct path. If we choose not to exercise our free will and follow blindly without question; if we fail to search deeper and in every direction even when we think we are on the right path, there are NO positive results. Will will cease to grow, our relationship with God will remain stagnant, and if by chance we are wrong about our faith, we will have completely missed the boat effectively eliminating all purpose and potential our life may have once had.

God gave us free will for a reason and he gave us a mind of reason for a purpose. Too many don't exercise this mind or their free will enough. We should use gifts always... forever... no matter where we are in our journey for truth. If we stop using these gifts, we may as well be dead. And as Nietzsche argued, God is, in effect, dead too.

2 comments:

Ally said...

Praise God for our free will! =) It makes life a little more interesting and worth living. Babe, I love your mind. I will always search for truth with you. I will always seek God's face with you.

Ally said...

p.s. the title of this blog makes me laugh. a lot.